What to Know about Christchurch Casino New Zealand
Christchurch Casino is an exceptional and stylish gambling destination for Kiwi players. The casino is located in the largest city in the South Island of New Zealand known as Christchurch. The casino was the first land-based casino to be established in New Zealand back in 1994. Christchurch Casino adopts a traditional European setting like the luxurious Monte Carlo in Monaco. Christchurch Casino sits on 44,000 square feet of land with live entertainment, restaurants, superb cocktails, and a big-screen TV for live sports. The casino is the perfect gambling destination for you in NZ.
Owner: Skyline Enterprises Limited
Customer Service Rating: 4/5
New Players and Visitors Rating: 3/5
Rewarding loyalty club.
Excellent restaurants and bars.
Extensive game selection.
What to Expect when visiting Christchurch Casino New Zealand
Christchurch Casino has an age restriction of 20 years and above. The casino also has a dress code that requires you to be neat and presentable to be allowed entry. Here are some guidelines on what may deny you entry to the casino:
Christchurch Casino Dress Code
Christchurch Casino pays much emphasis on providing an exclusive and classy feel at the casino where visiting players are expected to dawn a particular look. Players who turn up wearing the following will be denied entry:
- Dirty or stained clothes
- Steel capped boots
- Gang emblems
- Clothing with offensive labels
When visiting the casino, please make sure you carry an identification document. The following are documents you can use:
- NZ Passport
- NZ Driver’s License
- International Passport
- NZ Firearms License
- Kiwi Access card or HANZ 18+ Card
Christchurch Casino Players Club
The casino runs a rewarding loyalty program known as the Players Club. The program is operated in five levels:
- Bronze – you get a 10% return on all food and beverage cash purchases. Make 10 base points from gaming or 500 base points from food and beverage purchases to get free car parking.
- Silver – you earn 4,000 points from gaming for 6 months to qualify. This level earns you a 15% return on all food and beverage cash purchases. You also earn dining offers from gaming promotions. You will also get an exclusive offer to get free parking after you’ve earned 5 base points while gaming or 500 base points from food and beverage purchases.
- Gold – you make 10,000 points from gaming play in 6 months to qualify to this level. It earns players a 20% return on food and beverage purchases implying spend $10 earn 200 points equal to $2 return. Gold members earn dining offers from gaming promotions as well as exclusive invites to events. You can redeem free car parking at customer kiosks.
- Platinum – invitation only.
- Black – invitation only.
You will join the club after presenting your current photo identification to the Player’s Club desk placed at the Main Gaming Floor. Here are some acceptable forms of current photo identification:
- Current Passport
- Overseas National Identity
- NZ Firearms
- NZ issued or Foreign issued Photo Driver’s license which must be accompanied by a form of secondary identification like;
- NZ Birth Certificate
- NZ Bank issued Visa or Master Card
- NZ or overseas certificate of ownership.
A Players Club Card will allow you to earn points from gaming and food or beverage purchase. These points can be redeemed to earn you free play chips for use on table games or food and beverage purchases.
Secure Car Parking and Smoking Zone at Christchurch Casino NZ
The casino offers you two hours of free parking in their Peterborough Street car park. Public rates are as follows:
- NZ$3.00 per Hour
- NZ$12.00 daily maximum
Players Club Member Rates are free during casino working Hours. Public rates apply when you access the parking between 4 am to 10 am Monday to Friday.
Christchurch Casino has a TAB facility located on its second floor in the “Got Game” area. Smokers are also considered at the casino which provides a smoking area upstairs off the atrium area.
Christchurch Casino Opening Hours
Christchurch Casino is open daily from:
- 12 PM to 12 AM from Sunday to Thursday.
- 12 PM to 2 AM on Friday and Saturday.
Extensive Game Selection
Christchurch Casino has made great efforts to ensure that you will find most of your favorite games. The casino currently offers a staggering 500 slot machines, 36 tables, Baccarat, and poker lounges as well as a new sports arena, catering for all players. The slot machines have a range of credit values from one cent to a max of NZ$2. Christchurch Casino is a renowned Poker Championship destination that hosts flocks of players annually.
Christchurch Casino’s Outstanding Features
The casino is highly reputed for its food and restaurant section which offers lunch, brunch, and dinner buffet. This is made possible by the prestigious Grand Café and Chi Kitchen. The food is quite exciting and the options don’t end there. You can enjoy some wings at Monza Sports Bar. Restaurants like Valley Bar and Cantonese style restaurants are also available at Christchurch Casino to give a different variety of NZ cuisines.
Entertainment, Food, and Drinks at Christchurch Casino
The casino offers great food, drinks, and entertainment. The NZ cuisine on offer will leave your mouth watered. Christchurch brags an award-winning Grand Café, which offers lunch and dinner buffet. Sports fans are well looked after, with a giant television screen and a fantastic food menu at the Monza Sportsbar. The casino further has the Valley Bar which offers assorted drinks and the Chi Kitchen which offers an exciting food menu. However, the Grand Café and Chi kitchen are currently closed until further notice.