Unlike video poker, blackjack, and baccarat, pokies do not require special skills.
However, you need to avoid certain things when playing online slots.
Online casino fans love pokies because these games are exciting and relaxing.
In fact, online slots are known for their amazing soundtracks and stunning features.
However, players need to avoid certain mistakes even if they are experienced gamblers.
Which mistakes should you avoid when playing pokies?
7 mistakes that can ruin your chances.
- Ignoring the help file – Anyone can play an pokie without facing any challenge. All you have to do is to deposit and click on “Spin”. However, some players don’t read the rules and thus don’t know how the game works.
- Failing to read bonus T&Cs – Many players ignore the applicable Terms or wagering requirements when claiming casino deposit bonuses (free money and extra spins). The industry standard is 20x, but some online casinos have wagering requirements that are higher than 30x!
- Playing slots for a long time – Some players play online slots and forget to quit at the right time. Even experienced players should take breaks after wins or terrible losses.
- Choosing participation pokie games – Participation slots allow the manufacturer to get a percentage of the player’s winnings. Here, players get about 85% of their money. A good example is the Wheel of Fortune slot. Such pokies are usually branded games based on famous TV shows and films.
- Ignoring RTP information – A pokie’s Return to Player (RTP) rate is the amount (percentage) the player will get back. The best RTP percentages go beyond 95%.
- Focusing on huge progressive jackpots – Of course, slots with big prizes are attractive. However, you should remember that other players are the source of those lucrative jackpot prizes. The best strategy is to focus on slots with a maximum of 5,000 credits.
- Overlooking bankroll management – Some players don’t manage their bankroll, so they lose their money within a very short time. You need to set the amount you intend to spend every day. If you win, use the amount you’ve won to spin the reels and spare the initial wager.
Feel free to share your comments with us.